This is the wiki portion of GeekHack, the premiere english-language resource for mechanical keyboards and related DIY projects on the web. This wiki, combined with the forum, will eventually make it easy to find and digest the collective knowledge of the english-language keyboard community.
- Mechanical Keyboards - an overview of what it's all about
- Cherry MX - the venerable Cherry MX switch
- Buckling Springs - the mechanical keyboard that started it all
- Other Switches - other common switch types
- Key Caps - compatibility, stem types, profiles, surface texture and materials
- Keyboard Glossary
One of the primary missions of GeekHack is to push the envelope on small-scale manufacturing. While we tend to focus on keyboards and keycaps, there are some other projects eiher worked on or built up by our members.
For general resources, we maintain the following thread: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33298.0
- Phantom - GeekHack's first custom group buy, a TKL board with several layout options
- GH60 - This is a 60% board currently being prototyped
- Dox -
- ErgoDox -
- AVR-Keyboard - bpiphany's firmware for the Phantom and other boards, a Filco TKL controller replacement was produced as well called the HID Liberator.
- tmkFirmware - The t.m.k. firmware collection by hasu, now with compatibility for the HID Liberator. This collection features layers, mouse keys, media keys, NKRO, and very easy layout configuration.